The Prep Team is primarily for riders 5th-8th
grades. As the name implies, Prep Team is preparation to become the
best snowboarder you can be. Riders will take the skills learned on the
Devo Team and apply them toward specific goals and challenges. Riders
will continue to use freeriding as the basis to becoming a well rounded
rider while beginning to focus on the different disciplines with in the
sport. Riders will work within a group setting Thursday, Friday,
Saturdays and Sundays December through March. Riders will also be
encouraged to test the competitive waters by participating in our local
USASA slopestyle and halfpipe events and 1 regional event, to be
determined by the coaching staff.
- Athletes must be 11 years of age, or at coach’s discretion.
- USSA Regional Competitor’s License required.
- USASA License required for certain events.
- Athletes will have on-snow training Thursdays and Fridays after school to 4:00 pm; and Saturdays and Sundays 9:00 am – 2:00 pm. Extra sessions will be added during school holidays. Training season: First week of December – March 31st.
- Freeriding and
fun are still at the core of this program, but riders will be exposed
to drills, gates, halfpipe and freestyle training to create well rounded
- All riders will be encouraged to enter local events i/e Rotarun Rail Jams, Lane Parrish and local USASA events.
- Riders will have the opportunity to travel to one selected Regional event.
- Dryland training will begin in October.
- Tuition includes locker storage at the EnglTrainingCenter.
- Athletes will have an academic advisor available to them throughout the academic year. .
- Average athlete to coach ratio is 7:1.