Colin Rodgers - Head Coach
Colin, a Vermont native and Middlebury College graduate, moved west and joined the SVSEF for the 2007 racing season. Born and raised in the East he began competitive skiing at a young age and became Junior National Champion at age 15. Cross Country ski racing has taken him all over the world, yet his desire to reach his true potential in the sport has landed him in Sun Valley. Currently leading the XC Gold Team as coach he is looking forward to tackling his second season as team leader.
· 1st Place Skate Sprint Qualifier 2011 U.S. National Championships Rumford, ME.
· 2009 Overall SuperTour Sprint Champion
· 29th Place Classic Sprint 2009 World Cup Whistler, CAN.
Clarke Sullivan: Wax Technician
Clarke has been involved in ski racing in the Inter Mountain West since he was a junior XC ski racer. Born and raised in Bozeman, Montana he raced for the Bridger Ski Foundation all the way through high school and has since gone on to become, without exaggeration, one of the best waxing technicians in the world. He has waxed skis for more than one dozen U.S. national champions and worked at numerous World Championship and Olympic competitions. The SVSEF is extremely fortunate to have his talents on the Gold Team’s side!
· Gold and Silver Medals 2010 Olympics, Vancouver, CAN. U.S. Nordic Combined- Billy DeMong, Johnny Spillane.
· Gold Medal 2009 World Championships Liberec CZE. U.S. Nordic Combined- Billy DeMong
· Gold Medal 2006 Paralympics Torino, ITA. U.S. Cross Country Disabled Standing- Steve Cook
Simi Hamilton: US Ski Team
Simi has been a member of the SVSEF for five years and began training with the Gold Team during his summers while at Middlebury College. Hailing from Aspen, CO Simi has been one of the nation’s best XC ski racers since he was a junior competitor. This talented athlete is currently a member of the U.S. Ski Team and has represented his country in numerous World Championship events as well as the 2010 Olympic Winter Games. The 2012-13 racing season will see Simi full time on the Sprint World Cup circuit and as a likely contender in the 2013 FIS World Ski Championships. Simi is currently ranked second sprinter in the USA.
· 1st Place Skate Sprint 2010 U.S. National Championships Anchorage, AK.
· 7th Place Classic Sprint 2012 World Cup Drammen, NOR.
· 10th Place Skate Sprint 2011 World Cup Rogla, SLO.
· 25th Place Skate Sprint 2011 World Championships Oslo, NOR.
· 29th Place Classic Sprint 2010 Olympic Winter Games Vancouver, CAN.
Mikey grew up in the Wood River Valley as part of the SVSEF, and the club’s influence on his life has shaped his path to athletic success. Mikey’s long list of National podium titles began as a junior racer and continued through last season. One of his many noteworthy accomplishments was being 2007 Men’s Nordic Team Captain for the Dartmouth College Ski Team when they won their first Overall NCAA title in 31 years. The 2012 race season held much success for Mikey as he won and podiumed in several North American competitions including a title at the NorAm Classic Sprint at Sovereign Lakes and achieved a podium finish at U.S. Nationals in the Classic Sprint in Rumford, ME. His early season success earned him World Cup start rights for the majority of the winter and his top finish was 37th place in the World Cup Skate Sprint in Moscow, Russia. He is currently ranked 3rd sprinter in the nation and eyeing Sochi intently.
· 1st Place Classic Sprint 2011 SuperTour Finals Sun Valley, ID.
· 1st Place 2008 Boulder Mountain Tour Sun Valley, ID.
· 2011 Overall SuperTour Sprint Champion.
· 2nd Place Classic Sprint 2011 U.S. National Championships Rumford, ME.
To learn more about Mikey follow him on facebook! Or check out his website!
Matt joined the XC Gold Team for the 2010-11 racing season following an outstanding collegiate carrier at the University of Colorado, Boulder. During his four years of representing the CU Buffs Matt was consistently their top male finisher. Formerly a member of the U.S. Ski Team, Matt’s desire to pursue ski racing at the professional level has lead him to the SVSEF. Matt, a Truckee, CA native comes from a strong ski racing background including several Junior National Titles. This past year Matt was a consistent podium threat in any distance race he entered on the domestic SuperTour circuit and now he is looking to hone his finishing speed to a competitive international level.
· 1st Place 10k Classic 2010 NCAA National Championships Steamboat Springs, CO.
· 3rd Place 20k Skate 2010 NCAA National Championships Steamboat Springs, CO.
· 6th Place 15k Skate 2012 U.S. National Championships Rumford, ME.
· 6th Place 30k Classic 2012 U.S. National Championships Rumford, ME.
Reid is yet another talent to originate from the Valley of the Sun. Son of World Masters XC Champion and local doctor Dell Pletcher, Reid has made his athletic presence known in the Wood River Valley from a young age due to a great upbringing in the outdoors. He truly is a young man of many talents all of which include mountain biking, road biking, running, rock climbing, mountaineering, slack-lining, and cross country skiing. As a recent graduate of the University of Colorado, Boulder he is returning this season to race professionally with his home club. Not only do Reid’s outstanding athletic results speak for themselves, but so does his determination to battle back from a life threatening climbing accident last spring. His patience and quiet self confidence will undoubtedly aid him in his pursuit of international success in cross country skiing.
· 1st Place Skate Sprint 2011 SuperTour West Yellowstone, MT.
· 1st Place 20k Classic 2011 NCAA National Championships Stowe, VT.
· 35th Place Classic Sprint 2008 World Cup Canmore, CAN.
Patrick, a recent Middlebury College graduate, was born and raised in Anchorage, AK. He hails from the infamous Alaska Winterstars program based out of Service High School. The allure of the Inter-Mountain West as well as the reputable SVSEF program has drawn him to the Wood River Valley. The Gold Team is fortunate to have Pat’s talents for the coming years as his credentials prove he is one of collegiate ski racings elite competitors. Pat finished his season for Middlebury College as the top ranked male XC athlete from the Eastern Division. He won numerous Eastern NCAA competitions and is looking forward to taking his talents to the next level this coming year.
· 1st Team All East 2012
· 1st Place 10k Skate 2012 Dartmouth Carnival Trapp Family Lodge, VT
· 5th Place 10k Classic 2012 Canadian National Championships Mont Ste Anne, CAN.
Alexa, a Sun Valley local, has been a SVSEF athlete from a young age. Throughout her youth she competed for her home club in both Alpine and Cross Country skiing. In 2007, due to her focus and dedication Alexa became the youngest XC National Champion in US history by winning the 10k Skate title at only 18 years old. Last winter Alexa graduated from the University of Colorado, Boulder where she helped the Buffs make history the 3 previous seasons with two individual second place finishes during back to back years and an overall team title in 2011. Winter 2011-12 was her first season competing in the U.S. SuperTour and she hit the ground running. The season highlight was a top 10 finish in the final race of the season- U.S. National Championship 30k Mass Start Skate. Needless to say Alexa is a fierce competitor and it is exciting to have her return to the SVSEF for many years to come!
· 1st Place 10K Skate 2007 U.S. National Championships Houghton, MI.
· 2nd Place 15k Skate 2010 NCAA National Championships Steamboat Springs, CO.
· 2nd Place 15k Skate 2009 NCAA National Championships Rumford, ME.
Chelsea is a native of Girdwood, Alaska and first began competitively ski racing during her high school years at Diamond High in South Anchorage. Her solid regional results earned her attention from many collegiate coaches across the country and she elected to take a spot on the ski team at the University of Nevada, Reno. There she studied Health Ecology and represented the UNR Wolfpack NCAA XC Ski Team for four winters. Her impressive results post college, including two Canadian National Championship wins as an American in 2011, prompted her to pursue XC racing at the next level. Chelsea is going on her second season with the Gold Team and is honored to be a part of the Wood River Valley’s impressive Nordic community.
· 1st Place 5k Skate 2011 Canadian National Championships Canmore, CAN.
· 1st Place 30k Skate 2011 Canadian National Championships Canmore, CAN.
· 2nd Place 2011 Boulder Mountain Tour Sun Valley, ID.
· 3rd Place 5k Skate Hillclimb 2012 SuperTour Finals Jay Peak, VT.