How To Register
IMPORTANT INFORMATION for 2013-2014 SEASON
TEAM PLACEMENT: Athlete team placement is at the coaches discretion and will be posted on the registration page of the SVSEF website under 2013-14 Team Rosters.
RETURNING ATHLETE REGISTRATION: Please see the new dates for registration. No payment is due at registration if registering before September 2013. A $60 fee will be assessed for late or incomplete registration for returning athletes.
Returning year-round athletes must register between June 15-30, 2013
Alpine: FIS, U-18, U-16
Cross Country: Comp, Prep
Freestyle: Travel, Comp Home
Snowboard: Comp, Prep
All Post-Graduate Teams
Seasonal athletes must register between June 15-August 15, 2012
Alpine: U-14, U-12 Travel, U-12 Home, Devo
Cross Country: Devo
Freestyle: Prep, Devo
Snowboard: Entry Prep, Devo
2013-14 TEAM PRICE LIST: Under review
FEE PAYMENT SCHEDULE: 50 percent of tuition is due by September 10, 2013, the balance must be paid by November 12, 2013. Payments not received or paid in full will be assessed a 10 percent charge on total tuition.
SKI PASSES: The price for the Blaine County Student season pass is $389. Payment will be due in full on or before November 20, 2013. Purchasing your pass through SVSEF supports the purchase of coaches passes and keeps our costs down thanks to the generosity of Sun Valley Company.
USSA LICENSE AND LIABILITY INSURANCE (REQUIRED): All athletes must have valid a USSA license. Register online at http://www.ussa.org/. No athlete will be allowed to participate in any SVSEF activity until their license has been renewed with USSA.
CODE OF CONDUCT: The Code of Conduct is included in your paperwork, please read it with your athlete. Do not return the Code of Conduct form, but have your athlete sign the SVSEF, Inc. Program Agreement Code of Conduct section.
MEDICAL INFORMATION FORM (REQUIRED): The SVSEF needs accurate information about you, your family and athlete, and especially your athlete’s medical status and current health insurance information. Accurate e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and mailing addresses are vital for communication. If you change any of this information during the year, please let us know.
SVSEF FUNDRAISING/VOLUNTEER QUESTIONNAIRE (REQUIRED): The questionnaire provides valuable information. Each and every SVSEF athlete benefits from our fundraising efforts – tuition only covers coaches’ salaries. Thus, for every tuition dollar collected, we must fundraise another dollar to cover all other expenses. Please take time to complete the form and list any special talents, services or opportunities that would assist us.
TEAM PARENTS COMMITTEE QUESTIONNAIRE (REQUIRED): We need help with our teams and local events. We would greatly appreciate any assistance.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION: SVSEF will be awarding financial scholarships for tuition and travel again this year. Returning year-round athletes applying for financial scholarships for tuition and/or travel must submit their application by July 15, 2013. Returning seasonal athletes and new athletes must submit their scholarship application by August 15, 2013.
Life Flight membership is available through SVSEF at a very affordable price of $55 per year per family. Applications are available online with the registration papers and available at the SVSEF office.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
- June 15, 2013 - Start of registration for returning all athletes and summer dryland training participants
- June 30, 2013 - Registration due for returning year-round athletes.
- July 15, 2013 - Scholarship applications due for returning year-round athletes
- August 15, 2013 - Registration and scholarship applications due for seasonal athletes
- September 10, 2013 - First tuition payment due for all athletes - 50 percent of program fee
- October 15, 2013 – USSA adds late fee of $25 to all USSA renewals
- November 10, 2013 – Second and final tuition payment due for all athletes
- November 20, 2013 – Baldy Ski Pass payment due in full for all athletes
- December 10, 2013 – Deadline for written refund requests
FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO REGISTER YOUR ATHLETE
1. Returning Athletes – Refer to the website for your 2013-14 season team placement. It is posted on the website on the registration forms page.
2. New Athletes – Please call Jody at the office, (208) 726-4129 ext. 101 to discuss your child’s interest and ability so we can place them on the appropriate team.
3. After team placement has been determined, download the following forms and return to Sun Valley Office.
Medical Information Form
Program Parent Questionnaire
*Code of Conduct
*Keep on file. Do not send.
4. Return the first four forms to the SVSEF office by USPS, e-mail, fax or hand deliver to our office.
5. Go to the USSA website to purchase athlete’s license. Late fees apply for returning athletes after October 15. Your athlete may not participate in any SVSEF activity, including dryland training or camps until their license has been processed.
REGISTRATION PACKETS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE MAIN OFFICE.
WE CAN ALSO MAIL A PACKET TO YOU IF YOU CANNOT DOWNLOAD THE FORMS.