2013/2014 Freestyle/Snowboard Devo and Prep Teams
- Website- www.svsef.org. Includes:
SVSEF- Program news and announcements
Ski team info
- Meeting times on Baldy- PLEASE BE ON TIME
1st day of freestyle/snowboard Prep team Dec 6th.
1st day of freestyle/snowboard Devo team Dec 7th.
Saturdays-10:00 a.m. on top of Baldy. Meet at top of Little Easter Bowl
Load chair BEFORE 9:45am from either Warm Springs or River Run.
Coaches will be on hand on the Warm Springs side to load the chair on Sat/Sun.
Training finishes at bottom of Warm Springs at 2 p.m.. Athletes headed to River
Run will separate from coach at top of mountain or at top of Flying Squirrel run.
Sundays- 10:a.m. at Dollar. Meet in below the Half Dollar lift
Athletes are paired by their ability 1st and peer relationships 2nd.
Group size varies from approximately 4-8 athletes/group
Athletes may be moved from Devo and Prep depending on group dynamics
As Freestyle skiers, athletes will be exposed to various types of terrain including:
Groomed runs, Bowls, Mogul runs (natural & course), Halfpipe, and Dollar terrain park. Basically anywhere in bounds on Baldy and Dollar.
Well fitting boots with thin ski socks (not cotton). Thick wool socks lead to cold, sore feet.
Twin tips or jr GS (103-105mm tip, 66-68mm waist, 86-89mm tail) skis are preferred. Recommend lease packages from local shops.
Helmets are required during all training.
Hello Prep and Devo Team Freestylers and Snowboarders!
I know many of you are eager for winter and to get back on snow with your teammates. Below is the schedule for fall dryland at the Airbarn. We have many new features for athletes to continue progressing their strength and skills including new trampoline beds, a harness system on one trampoline, more exercise equipment and agility stations, and one rail and one table for practicing our "urban" skills once we have a little snow on the ground.
- Dryland begins October 15th. Every Tuesday and Thursday 4-6 pm. Dryland ends on November 21st.
- There is a fee of $137.50 for all Devo/Prep team athletes for fall dryland. There are 11 dryland sessions total. Dryland is optional and you will only be billed for dryland if you child participates; however there is no per session fee so the best deal is to come to all dryland sessions.
- Proper workout attire is required; running shoes w/socks, shorts/t-shirt, sweatshirt. Helmets are required for use of ramps (bring your own). Skateboards, scooters are not provided.
- Airbarn is located at the Sagewillow Farm in Elkhorn. 100 Arrowleaf Road. Turn left on Arrowleaf and drive up past gates. Continue past soccer fields up to big brown barn.
- Please be prompt to pick up your child. Coaches will not leave until all athletes have been picked up.
- Complete dryland calendar can be see here: http://www.svsef.org/Freestyle/PrepDevo/Calendar.aspx or here: http://www.svsef.org/Snowboard/Prep/Calendar.aspx
- The Airbarn is open to all SVSEF athletes. You must have a current USSA license and be registered as a team member with the SVSEF. Click here to register. http://www.svsef.org/ProgramsAndRegistration/HowToRegister.aspx (scroll to bottom of the page).
Get signed up today!
Rossignol Free Ski Sponsorship