Comp Home team- 12-18yr old (4-7yr experience)
S.V. Comp home team offers a broad range of opportunities. The purpose of this team is to introduce younger athletes moving up from Prep team to a more focused and dedicated training schedule, develop maturing social skills and increase strength/coordination towards advancing skiing skills. Comp home team also allows older athletes who are committed to multiple sports/activities to remain with their peers and continue to train at a reduced training regiment, 2 after school training days and 2 weekend days.
- Build upon peer relationships developed on the Devo and Prep teams.
- Continued emphasis on respect for people, places, and property. (locker room provided)
- Increase confidence towards skiing all types of terrain and all types of snow conditions.
- Improve jumping skills/aerial awareness through trampoline, water ramp and on snow training.
- Prepare athletes for the commitment and dedication of the Comp travel team.
Comp Travel team-12-18 yr old (4-7yr experience)
The purpose of the S.V. Freestyle Competitive Team is to contribute to the individual development of adolescents through intense, high energy, year round ski training. Our focus is on keeping skiing fun while “doing the work” to help athletes become the best they are capable of becoming. The Comp team trains June-April with weekly workouts and summer camps ski and water ramp camps.
- Develop strong strength of team relationships. Realization of the power of committing to, supporting, and being part of a team.
- Stress the power of respect for one’s self and others.
- Increase confidence towards skiing all types of terrain and snow conditions.
- Increase confidence to jump. Train the body/mind to overcome fear through trampoline, water ramp and on snow aerial training.
- Provide training/competition format that allows athlete to set-strategize-assess-and achieve goals.
- Create training/competitive pipeline for athletes to whose goals are to become professional freestyle skiers.
Training Format-Comp travel team
- Comp team trains 6 days/week (Tue-Sun) 102 days on snow + 22 days of fall dryland training.
- 3 1-week summer ski camps and 1 fall ski camp possible.
- 5 water ramp camps possible.
- Summer dryland training consists of trampoline workouts, strength/endurance workouts, cross training workouts
- Athletes train dedicated ski disciplines-moguls/halfpipe/slopestyle
Training format- Comp home team
- Training 4 days/week (Thur-Sun) 75 days on snow + 22 days of fall dryland.
- 3 summer on snow camps and 4 water ramp camps offered.
- Increased video analysis, attention to details of skiing skills
- Commitment towards specific skiing disciplines- moguls, halfpipe, slopestyle.