Summer Training News
2013 Dryland Training for U-12 Skiers - Click HERE
U-12 Travel Description 2012/13
Year of birth 2001 - 2002
Team Philosophy - This program's primary focus is to work with highly motivated U-12 aged athletes on their technical and tactical fundamentals. The U-12 travel team is designed, and staffed, by coaches who are committed to making the training atmosphere fun, challenging, and relevant to the current and future potential of the athlete. Improving, honing and refining basic skills and fundamentals will ensure our athletes progress when moving on to the next age class. The core training plan of the team revolves around the North Series races held within the Intermountain Division. Athletes on the U-12 Travel team also have access to the Mini World Cup series within the SVSEF. Coaches will utilize these events as further race rehearsal practice for the U-12 Travel athlete. This series will provide the venue for the U-12 Travel athletes to develop and practice race day skills with regard to: inspection, mindset, visualization and competition anxiety management. These skills transfer directly over to the athlete's participation at the North Series competitions. The USSA's Long Term Athlete Development progressions, and Skills Quest evaluation methods are used for designing and implementing appropriate training plans for the U-12 Travel athlete.
Training - 4 days per week - Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday beginning on Saturday, Dec. 1, 2012 and running through March 31, 2013
- The U-12 Travel team will train a higher percentage of total skiing in gates than their U-12 Home counterparts. This higher volume of gates will be in preparation of the North Series competition schedule.
- Thanksgiving pre-season camp invitation - 5 day camp begins on Nov. 17th
- Christmas Camp begins on Dec. 22nd - we will have 10 days during that time.
- When available and appropriate, U-12 Travel athletes will utilize late Dollar training and have access to early morning Super G training.
- The U-12 Travel team is managed separately from the U-12 Home team, however, at times, the U-12 Travel team will train with the U-12 Home team. And at times, the U-12 Travel team will train with the U-14 team when schedules permit.
Races - North Series races and Mini World Cup series
- May participate in the Sammis Camas Soldier Mountain Downhill camp.
- The U-12 Age class races Tall Pole slalom but the Mini WC Slalom will be Stubbie.
- The U-12 Travel team will train both Tall Gates and Stubbie gates to maximize skill development.
Dryland Training - 3 days per week - Mon., Wed. and Thur. beginning Oct 8, 2012
- Monday - ABC's and game working together with the U-14 team
- Wednesday - Field Day- Core, Push-ups, Plyo's/Game (Games with U-12 Home)
- Thursday - Rollerblading
Cubbies and ski storage will be provided in the ski team training center to store their equipment