Mini World Cup SL March 2, 2014 on Hemingway
2014 Mini WC Skills Test Results.xls
Mini World Cup SL February 15, 2014 on Cozy
Boys Mini WC SL Results.xls
Girls Mini WC SL Results.xls
Mini World Cup SG January 25, 2014 on Dollar
Girls Mini WC SG Results.xls
Boys Mini WC SG Results.xls
Mini World Cup DH January 26, 2014 on Dollar
Girls Mini WC DH Results.xls
Boys Mini WC DH Results.xls
Mini World Cup GS January 5, 2014 on Cozy
Girls Mini WC GS Results 010514.xls
Boys Mini WC GS Results 010514.xls
U-12 Home Description 2013/14
Year of birth 2002 - 2004
Team Philosophy - We want the kids to develop a love of the sport of skiing most importantly. This program is an introduction to ski racing. They will improve and sharpen their skills and fundamentals so they can move to the next team with a good foundation.
Skiing - 3 days per week - Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday beginning on Sat. Dec. 7, 2013, running through Mar. 30, 2014
- As per the USSA recommendations - approx. 60% free skiing and 40% training gates
- Christmas Camp begins on Dec. 21st - we will have 10 days during that time.
- When available and appropriate, we will have late Dollar training on Wed.
Races - Mini World Cup series, Sun Valley North Series race (Monroe Cup) and Rotarun races
- 2002 and 2003's may travel to other North Series races
- 2004's can qualify for the travel races by placing in the top 5 of the Mini World Cup prior to each travel race. * No alternates
- 2002's only may participate in the Sammis Camas Soldier Mountain Downhill camp. 2002 and 2003 will race tall pole slalom and train with Tall Pole and Stubbies
- 2004's will race and train Stubbie slalom
Dryland Training - 3 days per week - Monday, Wednesday and Thursday beginning Oct 7, 2013.
- Time - 4 pm to 5:30 pm
- Monday - Hike/Game
- Wednesday - Core, Push-ups, Plyo's/Game
- Thursday - ABC's/Game
- Physical assessments to be done the first week of dryland - Mon, Tues,Wed and Thurs 4 pm to 5:30 pm to accommodate the other sports practices. If you are on another sports team, please show up on one of these days to get assessed. You can refer to the document at the top of the page that says "Click U 12 Travel and Home Dryland 2013" for the fitness evaluation.
Cubbies will be provided in the ski team training center to store their equipment
SVSEF U-12 Home and Travel General Recommended Equipment List
Good Ski Pants (with full side zippers if you choose to have a race suit)
Race suit (optional for U12 Home, not mandatory)
Ski Socks and long underwear
Mittens or warm gloves
Hand warmers and Neck gaiter for cold days
Helmet (Race specific so you can attach a chin guard for slalom) – recommended
Goggles with double lenses
Pole guards for slalom (U10 kids will not need these yet for stubbies)
Slalom shin guards
Ski boots that flex easily in cold weather - SOFT Flex
Skis – U12 Home - one pair of skis (Ski companies make a ski that is a GS with a slalom sidecut that can be leased) measuring to the top of the head area. These can be used for Slalom and GS when you buy or lease one pair of skis for the year. If you choose to have 2 pair, for slalom measuring in the forehead area and for GS, they should measure at the top of the head or an inch higher than their head. When we have our speed training and racing weekend, you can lease a pair of skis for the week. It is not necessary to buy Super G skis.
Skis - U12 Travel - Slaloms - Measuring top of nose to top of head - forehead area
GS - Top of head to an inch or 2 higher than head
*If you want to have a play pair of skis, it is okay but not necessary with the U-12 team. Suggestion would be to lease a used pair of twin tips. One pair is the recommendation.
* Call if you have any questions Adele 720-3455 or Tor 721-3084