Summer Training News
2013 Dryland Training for U-12 Skiers - Click HERE
SVSEF Alpine racers showing off their hard-earned hardware from North Series slaloms at Brundage in January.
2013 IMD Champs Boards - North
FINAL IMD Champs Boards- North.xlsx
2013 Mini World Cup Results:
Mini World Cup DH - February 10, 2013
Mini WC 021013 DH Results.xls
Mini World Cup SG - February 9, 2013
Mini WC 020913 SG Results.xls
Mini World Cup GS - January 27, 2013
Mini WC 012713 GS Results.xls
Mini World Cup Teams 2013
World Cup Teams 2013.xlsx
Mini World Cup Slalom - January 6, 2013
Mini WC 010613 SL Results.xls
U-12 Home Description 2012/13
Year of birth 2001 - 2004
Team Philosophy - We want the kids to develop a love of the sport of skiing most importantly. This program is an introduction to ski racing. They will improve and sharpen their skills and fundamentals so they can move to the next team with a good foundation.
Skiing - 3 days per week - Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday beginning on Sat. Dec. 8, 2012, running through Mar. 31, 2013
- As per the USSA recommendations - approx. 60% free skiing and 40% training gates
- Christmas Camp begins on Dec. 22nd - we will have 10 days during that time.
- When available and appropriate, we will have late Dollar training on Wed.
Races - Mini World Cup series, Sun Valley North Series race (Monroe Cup) and Rotarun races
- 2001 and 2002's may travel to other North Series races
- 2003's can qualify for the travel races by placing in the top 5 of the Mini World Cup prior to each travel race. * No alternates
- 2001's only may participate in the Sammis Camas Soldier Mountain Downhill camp 2001 and 2002 will race tall pole slalom and train with Tall Pole and Stubbies
- 2003 and 2004 will race and train Stubbie slalom
Dryland Training - 3 days per week - Monday, Wednesday and Thursday beginning Oct 8, 2012.
- 2001's will dryland train with the U-12 Travel team - See the U-12 Travel calendar 2002 - 2004 will train together meeting at the Sun Valley Bus Loop 4 pm to 5:30 pm
- Monday - Hike/Game
- Wednesday - Core, Push-ups, Plyo's/Game (Capture the flag with U-12 Travel)
- Thursday - ABC's/Game
Cubbies will be provided in the ski team training center to store their equipment
C-Home 2012 Team Awards - Congratulations to the winners of the year end awards!
Most Improved - Miriam Gilman, Aidan Burchmore and Matt O'Connor
MVP - Kaia Jensen and Peter Morawitz
Coaches Award - Laine Allison, Anja Jensen and Jackson Swenke