SVSEF U21-U16 November Slalom Camp
October 31 – November 6th, 2014
This year SVSEF will be conducting our November slalom camp at Loveland, Colorado. Loveland will be an excellent venue for athletes to get back on snow, find their balance and form, and work on their technique and tactics in slalom. Loveland is consistently one of the first ski areas in the nation to open. Due to their elevation and snow making capabilities, Loveland offers free skiing terrain as well as lane space for training. Attending the Loveland slalom camp along with the SVSEF pre-Thanksgiving training camp on Baldy, will provide SVSEF athletes with 10 days of gate training and free skiing in the month of November.
Departure: The Team will depart on Friday, October 31st after school. Exact time TBA
Return: The Team will depart after skiing on Wednesday, November 5th, spend the night on the road, and return to the valley on Thursday, November 6th.
Training: The focus for this camp will be slalom. The Team will have 5 days on snow at this camp. The team has reserved six, 2.5 hour slalom gate training sessions. We will also be free skiing and working on fundamentals daily. Goals of the slalom camp will be:
- Returning to snow and focusing on sound balance and fundamental techniques.
- Exposure and training on a variety of slalom drill courses.
- Progression from slalom drill courses into full-length slalom courses.
Accommodations: We will be staying at the Rocky Mountain Village in Empire, CO. We stayed here on last year’s trip and it worked out great. The lodge will have a chef that will provide 3 meals per day for the athletes. The lodge will also have a ski room so that athletes can tune skis.
Camp Cost: The cost for this camp is $1200. A $400 deposit to reserve a spot for this camp is due on Friday, October 3rd. Camp cost includes: Travel, lodging, lift tickets, lane space, coaching, and 3 meals per day. Athletes will need to bring money for snacks and meals while traveling.
Deposits & Payment: Deposits and payments can be dropped off or mailed to the SVSEF office. If deposits and payment are mailed, here is the SVSEF address: SVSEF PO Box 203, Sun Valley, ID 83353. If paying by CC, please call our office manager Mimi at 208-726-4129. Full payment is due before departure.
****SPACE IS LIMITED*****
The Loveland slalom camp has maximum space for 20 athletes. Loveland’s policy allows for 20 athletes per lane. Selections to this camp will be based off of a dry land attendance component:
- Athletes who do not play fall sports will be required to attend 80% of all scheduled dry land sessions from September 8th until departure to Loveland camp.
- Athletes who play fall sports will be required to attend 50% of scheduled morning dry land sessions from September 8th until departure to Loveland camp.
- Athletes who do not live in the valley will be contacted by their coaches to discuss an agreed upon conditioning program for the fall.